Oregon House is a small town; if you need help organizing activities while staying with us, don’t hesitate to ask for advice, we know all of the wine makers and other craftspeople here so can help. Oregon House and other parts of the Sierra Foothills have been making wine for years but on a smaller and simpler scale than Sonoma and Napa counties.
We can organize a weekend around one winery with activities in the vineyard or winery during the day and private dinners paired with their wine and hosted by the winemaker in the evening at the Inn. Or if you’d rather make bread or pick olives during the day, the dinner can be around the products you produced.
RECOMMENDED 2 DAY-TRIPS FROM THE INN
In addition, near Oregon House, are 2 day-trips we highly recommend from the Inn:
- Lunch at Sierra Nevada Brewery and tour of the brewery in Chico, CA
- New Clairvaux Winery and Abbey Church outside of Chico in Vina, CA
- Hickman Winery in Bangor, CA, on the way back (or on another day as it is close enough to go and come back in a half day)
- Bridgeport Covered Bridge in Penn Valley
- Lunch in Grass Valley or Nevada City (we can offer suggestions)
- Drive back over the Bullards Bar Dam.
- All of our remaining recommendations are right here in Oregon House, so if you want to stay put, there is plenty to do here. There are many lovely hikes and rivers in the area as well.
- Grant & Marie Winery
- Clos Saron Winery
- Frenchtown Farms Winery
- Apollo Olive Oil
- Artisan Lavinia Bakery and Apothecary
- Apollo Arts (Performing Arts and Da Vinci Theatron)
- Bird Watching Guides available (inquire with us)
Learn more about our cottage accommodation: